Thursday, April 11, 2013

From London to Scotland

Our time in London was great, and I enjoyed seeing all of the famous sites. At some points it became a little bit overwhelming because there was so much that we wanted to do and not enough time to do it. Even now, I feel like I had just scratched the surface of London and I would really like to go again and explore more. The problem with me and my friend traveling together is that I come from a walking city and she comes from a driving city, so while I'm pretty much okay with walking everywhere and exploring, she always felt the need to have a properly laid out plan. I really just wanted to wander around and see things organically. I think next time I go to the UK I would want to go by myself, or with someone who enjoys walking as much as I do.

One of my favorite parts of London were the parks. They were so beautiful. There was one park, which name escapes me at the moment, which really made me feel like I was in Pride & Prejudice or something, just waiting for Mr. Darcy to spring up out of no where.

I loved the way London felt at night as well. Unfortunately my friend was always ready to retire early when I really wanted to stay outside and see as much as we could well into the night. I really need to go back and do more.

Once London was done we hopped on a train and headed to Edinburgh in Scotland. Now this was the part I was the most excited about because I really had no idea what to expect about Scotland. I was really excited because I couldn't wait to hear some real life Scottish accents, and I was not let down when we stepped out of the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment