Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Scotland Scotland

Being in Scotland was like being in a fairy tale land. It was everything I could have ever hoped for and more. I went to the UK thinking that I was going to be in love with London, but I really think I left my heart in Edinburgh. Scotland felt so much more foreign than London did. I know a lot of things like having people play bagpipes and having tartan all over the place was just a way to please the tourists but it totally worked on me. If there is one place that I would move to in the blink of an eye, it would be edinburgh. In fact I constantly find myself trying to devise any sort of plan to move there, although I think it would be really difficult.

Edinburgh was really beautiful. As soon as we got off the train we saw the castle right in the middle of the city. Navigating Edinburgh was not so beautiful, and the weather was horrific. Even though we were there in the summer, it was cold enough to be a NY winter. I knew that the weather in Scotland was supposed to be bad, but I really wasn't expecting it to be as terrible as it was. We were so happy to be in Scotland though that the terrible weather hardly put even a small damper on our moods.

We stayed in a bed and breakfast which was really nice and close to the old town city center. We were right next to everything that we needed to be next to. Old town was my favorite part of Edinburgh. I love how everything felt like something straight out of Harry Potter, which shouldn't have been surprising since JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter there. The funniest thing was all of the cafes which claimed that JK Rowling had written inside of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment