Thursday, April 18, 2013

Holyrood Park

The thing that amazed me most in Edinburgh was Holyrood park. This was just this massive piece of real nature right smack in the middle of a city. We went to Holyrood to climb up Arthur's Seat which is what most people go there to do. We were not prepared for the fact that climbing up would mean you would have to be certified in rock climbing or something. It was the most exhausting, difficult, and scary thing I have ever done.

I am not kidding when I say that there were several times while climbing Arthur's seat when I actually thought that I was going to die. It was so windy and I am really small, so I thought that I was honestly just going to fly off the side and tumble all the way down. Getting to the top was worth it though. You can see the entire city from the top and it is incredible. If I lived in Edinburgh I think I would climb it every week. When we left we had to laugh at the fact that there is a really easy field we could have went through to get to the top instead of climbing along the side and almost dying. Oh well, we'll remember that for next time.

We also got to go to the castle which was great because of the amazing scones that we ate in the castle cafe. This was the first time I had ever eaten a scone before and it was seriously delicious. The caslte itself was not that amazing because it was mostly just a bunch of museums about war, so I thought it was really expensive for what you got inside, but the scones and tea that we had made the entire thing worth it. To this day I still think about that beautiful scone, and I don't think that I am ever going to have anything that tastes that amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment