Monday, April 8, 2013

UK food

There was a lot to love about London but I think the thing I loved most (besides the tea) was the indian food. Holy moly. I love Indian so much, and I knew that brits were also crazy about Indian food, so I was excited to see if it would compare with anything that I had already eaten at home. It was better than anything I had ever expected. My friend who had never eaten indian food before became instantly in love with it.

We vowed that we would try a lot of different food while we were in London, but we ended up eating Indian food essentially the entire time that we were there. Anytime we were thinking about what we should have for dinner we would just succumb to the urges of the chicken tikka. I don't think there was ever a happier moment than when we were in those restaurants eating the Indian food.

Aside from Indian food, we also tried fish and chips at a pub. My friend loved it, but I absolutely hated the fish. I generally do enjoy eating fish, but the fish that came with the fries was so bland and I really hate tartar sauce. I was very disappointed with it since it's such a staple of English cuisine.

I don't think we tried anything else exciting while we were in London since we spent so much time eating Indian food. I did have a falafel which wasn't any better than any falafel I have eaten in New York. It was still quite good, and the man who made it for me was incredibly nice, so I think that service helps food taste even better.

Oh yeah, we also had delicious italian pasta in a proper italian restaurant. I usually don't go crazy for pasta, but the pasta I had at this restaurant was really really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment