Friday, April 5, 2013

London apartment rentals

Apartment rentals abroad are the best discovery I could have made before traveling to the UK. Before I started researching where we would stay, I had never heard of renting a temporary apartment. After perusing a couple of travel blogs, I found so many different sites where you could find people who were renting their entire apartments, or even rooms within their apartments. Doing this was so much more cheap than it would have been to stay in a hotel. The entire stay for a room in an apartment came out to 300 pounds total. That's 2 people for an entire week. I never thought we would find a deal like that.

The apartment was not in the most amazing neighborhood in London, but we were right next to the tube station, which was perfect. It never took us very long to get anywhere in the city. The apartment itself was actually pretty great. It had one of the nicest kitchens i had ever seen. Our room was the only bedroom on the first floor so we basically had the entire place for ourselves.  The only problem with it was that the toilet was in a completely seperate room than the sink and the shower which was a bit strange. I had never seen anything like it.

My favorite part of the apartment was the abundance of free tea in the kitchen. We were set for the entire week we were there, and boy did we become addicted to drinking tea. I always liked tea, but I can't imagine it not being a daily part of my life after my stay in the UK. We drank several cups of tea in the morning and then another few cups of it at night. We could not get enough of it! Now I'll have to go make myself a cup of tea since I'm getting thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment