Saturday, April 20, 2013

Highlands

We didn't just stay in Edinburgh, we also explored the Scottish highlands. Believe it or not there are free tours that take you around. The only thing they ask for in return is a donation, and for the most part we were more than happy to pay it since we had such a good time. At first I didn't want to go on the tour because I was worried that it would take time away from our stay and there was so much that we hadn't explored yet, but in the end I am so glad that we went.

The scottish highlands are beautiful. It's the most naturey I have ever felt, if that makes any sense. We also got to see highland cows which are the cutest things I have ever seen in my life. I didn't even know these things existed until we got to scotland, but I fell in love instantly, and I would like to have 10 of them as my pets. Alas I don't think you're allowed to have Highland cows in NY. Anyway the cows were so cute and stumpy and hairy. They call them hairy coos, which makes sense since they really do have a lot of hair.

I'm amazed by how small scotland seems to be since we were able to do a highland tour and also get right back to Edinburgh all in the same day. The one thing I regret not doing while we were there was a ghost tour. Edinburgh is supposed to be one of the most haunted cities in the world, and I love spooky stuff. If I ever went back this is definitely something I want to do. I want to go into the vault and also visit mary king's close. Unfortunately all of these things are really expensive, which was probably our main reason for not doing them. We had already spent so much money buying stuff in London that we were trying to save a bit when we got to Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment