Saturday, April 6, 2013

To Kettle or not To Kettle

I love drinking tea, so now I am wondering if I should buy a good tea kettle. I always thought that tea kettles were stupid, because I didn't understand having a separate piece of equipment just to boil water. I used the microwave to boil water. Almost all avid tea drinkers would shake their heads at something like that. It wasn't until I went to Europe last year that I finally started to understand the fine art of tea drinking.

I stayed in London for an entire month and drank a months worth of tea. It set a fire in me to learn everything that there is to know about making great cups of tea. It wasn't even until recently that I started to learn that different types of tea require different temperatures to steep at! How could I have possibly known about this? And I had been boiling my water in a microwave all of this time. I think I am starting to become a bit of a tea snob. Ha!

Anyway, I have started to research different tea kettles, and I didn't realize there was such a large variety of them. I could go for a boring old standard 20 dollar water boiler, but I'm really drawn into the tea kettles that have lots of different settings for different kinds of teas since I am so interested in exploring different kinds of tea making, I found this site Teapot and Kettle which I used to help me get started with some tea kettle reviews and it helped inform me a bit more about different kettles. I'm starting to understand more about what I want, but I definitely need to research more since the nice ones can be pricey. I'd like to buy a teapot too.

Would it be silly to buy something so expensive for something so simple as water boiling? I do think I will use it all of the time. I think I may just go ahead and buy it. It's a good investment for me. Uh oh, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment