Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More on Scotland

The people in Scotland seem a lot happier than they do here in NY. I'm not sure if that's because I was in such a good mood, or if they really were incredibly happy people. Everyone there was ready to help us with everything even if they didn't have to, or if they weren't getting anything in return. The woman who ran our B&B was so friendly and helpful. She gave us so much advice about where we should go and what we should definitely see before we left. She also refilled us with plenty of tea.

And I don't know if it's just because I love the accent so much and I also love kilts, but the men in Scotland were so much more attractive than anyone I have ever seen around where I live. I usually never find anyone attractive, but I fell in love about 50 different times while in Edinburgh. The number one love of my life was this bartender who we saw twice. He was honestly one of the most attractive people I have ever laid eyes on, and I'm certain that I am going to go back to Edinburgh one day and we will be married. With my luck he probably already has a girlfriend. He was that good looking.

The food was also great. I enjoyed the food in Scotland more than the food in London, but that might be because we sampled a lot more than just Indian food. We tried haggis of course, which was really not as terrible as I was expecting it to be based on the way it was described. We liked it enoough that we ate it twice. My all time favorite thing that we ate has to be shepherds pie. It was so good. I was not expecting it to be the most amazing thing I had ever had but it really was. I can't even describe the way it tasted. I have had shepherds pie here in NY and it doesn't even compare

No comments:

Post a Comment